P2 - Campaign Plan
Client Brief
Create a cross media advertising
campaign to assist in recruiting the best GCSE students in the local area to
attend the College building at Deyes. The advertising campaign would need to
include the 2017 year 13 results, as well as include some references to the new
building. It must make references to the overall student experience offered at
Deyes College.
Format
The format of the product I will
be creating will be a poster and an advert for Deyes High School. The poster will
contain the information about the school that will be relevant to the target
audience. This is important as it means that the target audience will be
satisfied with the poster. I will also be creating a video advert that will be
available to view on either a YouTube video or if the school would provide the
funding could be used on local TV stations. The video will be around 45-60
seconds long as that is the average length for an advert on things like
television and YouTube. Making it 45-60 seconds long is also a good idea
because that is the length that most people would that is enough to judge the
school based on the information conveyed throughout the video.
Working Title
As I am only producing an
advertisement for Deyes High School to be viewed in and around the Sefton Area,
I will probably name all the products that I create something like “Deyes High
Advertisement” this is probably a good idea as it will be easy to remember.
Image Plans
I will make sure
that I use images that I have taken myself, this is important as it complies
with the Legal laws such as Copyright. I will probably use some images of the
front of the new College @ Deyes Building as well as some of the interior so
that people who may be thinking about coming to the College @ Deyes will know
what the interior and exterior will look like. This creates clarity for the
viewer as they can make a mental image of what the school is like without them
coming near the school.
I will make sure that I
take all of the images of the front of the school when the weather is nice and
sunny. This is because it makes the school look like a nicer and brighter place
just by making the image brighter. Making a good first impression is important
and will mean that people will be more likely to apply for a position if they
believe that the College @ Deyes is a good looking school.
I will also try to make the
school look inclusive by the way that I stage some of the images. It is
important to make the school look inclusive as well as forward thinking as it
will appeal to certain types of students that Deyes is looking for. I will make
sure that all of my advertising material consists of both genders as well as
people of all race and backgrounds. This is to make sure that each demographic
of people that could apply to the school will feel welcome when applying for a
position.
I will also have to
use some images of the school’s logo, as it is needed on an advertisement for
the school. Makings sure that I get a high quality and resolution image for the
school logo is vital, as it should be the first thing the viewer sees in the
advertisement. I will ask the head of Sixth Form if I can have access to some
of the logo’s and previous logo’s so that I may use them in the advertisements
that I will be creating in the future. I will make sure that I use the correct
College @ Deyes Logo for all of the advertisements to keep it consistent
throughout.
Target Audience Description
Student Audience
- Lives in the Maghull/Sefton Area and can commute to the school
easily to arrive in the morning.
- The audience will be between the 15-16-year-old demographic because
that is the age that will be looking at colleges and places to go to.
- Male and Female.
- It will target students who value their education.
- 4-9 Grade Students preferably.
- Looking for a good student experience.
- Students who are interested in going to
University.
Parent Audience
·
Male or female.
·
Live in the Maghull/Sefton area who are perhaps
willing to drive their child if they live further away.
·
The parent will value their childs education.
·
They will probably value their childs results as
parents often have a say in what their child does.
Campaign Plan
Ideas – in order of Likelihood
·
Train / Bus advert
·
YouTube Video
·
Instagram Page / Advert
·
Newspaper Advert
·
Spotify Advert
Key Message
Key message of the Adverts that I
will run will be that the College @ Deyes is a relaxed place of learning. I
will put the emphasis on independent study and has great IT facilities. I
believe that a modern feel will make the College @ Deyes seem more progressive
and inclusive, which is a trait that makes students and parents believe the
college is a new place of learning. I believe that a slogan would also be a
good idea for the campaign as it could make brand awareness and also can create
continuity between the advertising campaign.
Approach
I will most likely choose the Video and the Poster to
advance the advertising campaign as I believe they will be the most effective
for the target audience, as the students will want to see what the school is like
whereas the parents will most likely be interested in what their child will
want to do, as it is in their best interest. I will make the advertisements
make the College @ Deyes see like a place for independent and hardworking
students, who also like to be treated like adults. I will achieve this by
making the advertisements seem like the College @ Deyes is a relaxed and chill
place to go.
I will also want to make the College @ Deyes seem like a
place where there is a lot of technology. I will achieve this by showing off
all of the interesting and impressive tech that the College @ Deyes has, such
as the Netbooks that allow the students to work anywhere within the College
Building. I will also show off the amazing cafeteria that the College has, as
that is what the students will want to see when they watch the advertisement.
I will most likely use a blue and red colour scheme as that
is the scheme that the school has already chosen throughout the years and
within their logos. I will make sure that the consistency is kept between the
schools already established identity and the advertisements that I have been
asked to create for the College @ Deyes. This is an important part to creating
effective advertisement material.
Length
I will make the poster an A4 sheet of paper that will be the
perfect size to make sure that there will be a perfect amount of information on
the page. I will make the information on the page be relevant and good fit on
the page, I will probably make the information on the poster be about some of
the results.
I will also make the length of the advertisement video
around 45-60 seconds, which I believe to be the perfect time for a video
advertisement.
Idea Justification
Train / Bus Advert
I believe that the most effective
way of advertising the College @ Deyes would be by using the Mersey Rail and
Arriva bus ad space to our advantage. I think that the best way to gain brand
awareness would be to have adverts that can move all around the Sefton /
Maghull area so that people can see them throughout the day. Bus and Train adverts
are mobile meaning that they are always on the move, meaning that a larger
audience can see the adverts due to the widespread nature of public transport.
Mersey Rail Adverts
Mersey Rail Train adverts are a
good idea because it would be the best way to students who use public transport
on the way to school who use the train, as they already use the public
transport anyway. The Mersey Rail services allow adverts to be place on the
outside of the train or the inside. If a budget was not implemented an advert
on the outside of the bus would be the best idea, however it would be far more
expensive than an advert in the carriage itself. Mersey Rail network stations
offer a variety of advertising formats, including the brand new LCD screens in
Liverpool Central, allowing you to reach 17.2 million passengers a year.
Arriva Bus Adverts
Bus adverts are also an extremely
viable option as they are perfect for making lots of people see the advert.
Whereas train adverts are more localised and stick to a specific route, buses
are more likely to come into contact with people who are just minding their
business, shopping, at work, driving. All of these people can be exposed to the
advert. Exterion Media (In charge of advertising) suggest that a typical
four-week bus advert will reach 89% of the people in Liverpool and 91% of the
people in Manchester. These statistics show to me that bus advertising is a
must due to the widespread nature of the advertising.
YouTube Video
A YouTube video is also a good
idea for the advertising as it will allow a more visual experience for the
people who would be willing to come to the College @ Deyes. It will show more
of the school than just an advert on the bus or train, as well as will allow me
to show the College @ Deyes off more to the people who want to see it. I
believe that making the YouTube vide the las thing in the line of the
advertising campaign is a good idea as it can provide the most information for
people that want to find it. Whereas the Bus and Instagram adverts are more of
a jumping off point to get people interested in the school, quickly. The
YouTube Video can go more in-depth and explore the schools results and the
courses it has to offer more than the other two listed.
Instagram Page / Advert
I also think that an Instagram
page would be a good idea as it shows the person looking at it that the school
is progressive and tech savvy. This is a desirable trait that the school needs
to have to make it seem more progressive and forward thinking. This is
important because it shows the person looking at the advert that the College @
Deyes knows what it is doing. Another good point is that in my questionnaire
data I found out that most youngsters looking for their college use social
media quite often. Using cookies, we collect, would allow us to target the
advertisements at them for the College @ Deyes. This would be good as we could
make the adverts slightly vague so that they are interested in the premise and
want see if it is a good value proposition.
Newspaper Advert
Newspaper adverts are sometimes a
good idea because it means that I can get a local advert in the paper so that
people in the local area can look at it. This would be a good place to show a
more academic advert so that parents who are more likely to read a newspaper
advert can see the college. The main problem I would have is actually getting
the main demographic of children aged 14-15 to look at the newspaper advert, as
most of them won’t read a newspaper.
Spotify Advert
A Spotify advert would also be a
good idea because it would allow us to get into the main demographic as most
14-15 year olds use Spotify over other types of music streaming services. We
could also make sure to only target people in the north west, when the Spotify
advert is playing. I don’t think I will use a Spotify advert though because I
think that it doesn’t really make sense as we need to make sure that the advert
will reach the parents too and not many parents in the north west use Spotify.
No comments:
Post a Comment